Seats in the Upper Class cabin round trip on transatlantic flights starting at £985.00
Seats in the economy class cabin round trip starting at £235.24
A discount of 50 percent on award travel
A bonus of 50 percent when you purchase a minimum of 5,000 Flying Club Points
Fixed price upgrades which start at £29.00, which is equivalent to less than $39.00 in United States dollars
£985 Business Class Return, £235 Economy Class, 50 Percent Discount on Award Travel: Virgin Atlantic Airways Black Friday Sale 2020
Although the Black Friday sale claims that airfares for a seat in the Upper Class cabin start at £999.00, fares between London Heathrow Airport and New York are as low as £985.00 — which is equivalent to almost $1,313.00 in United States dollars — as shown in the following example if leaving London on Friday, February 26, 2021 and returning from New York on Friday, March 12, 2021…
…but unfortunately, the reverse direction — originating in New York for a flight to London round trip — is more expensive at $2,050.00 in United States dollars…
…although it is still a reasonably good deal.
For flights seated in the economy class cabin, you can score a round trip ticket between London Heathrow Airport and Tel Aviv for as little as £235.24 — which is equivalent to slightly greater than $317.00 in United States dollars — but be aware that is an Economy Light fare, which does not include a checked bag and an opportunity to choose which seat you prefer.
Note that the terms and conditions of all offers are subject to English Law and the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
Black Friday 2020 Terms and Conditions
1. Promotional fares are strictly subject to limited availability and are offered on a first come, first served basis. The number of seats available on each flight at the savings fare detailed above is restricted and it is possible that the seats allocated on a particular flight may be fully booked, even though seats are still available in other booking classes. Some flights may have no availability on certain dates and popular dates (i.e. weekends, school and public holidays) will fill quickly.
2. The fares detailed above are for travel which is booked before Wednesday, June 30, 2021:
a) Round trips are permitted.
b) Round trips where the destination of the outward sector and the departure point of the return sector differ are permitted.
c) One way trips are not permitted.
d) Trips including sectors on airlines other than Virgin Atlantic including codeshares are not permitted.
3. For all destinations a maximum stay of 12 months is permitted. A minimum stay must include a Saturday night.
4. Stopovers and open-date returns are not permitted.
5. Children (under 12) and infants (under 2) who require a seat pay 75% of the full adult fare. Alternatively, infants (under 2) who do not require a seat pay 10% of the full adult fare (exclusive of passenger taxes, fees, charges and carrier imposed surcharges).
6. Once a booking has been confirmed:
a) Cancellations are not permitted;
b) No compensation and/or refund will be made available; and
c) Route or name changes are not permitted.
7. Flying Club miles, bonus miles and tier points are available on selected flights. Please check at time of booking.
8. Virgin Atlantic’s published Conditions of Carriage apply and are available at http://www.virginatlantic.com/gb/en/help-centre/conditions-of-carriage.html.
Save 50 Percent When You Pay With Points
Members do not need to register for this offer. Flights must be both operated by Virgin Atlantic and marketed by Virgin Atlantic (flight number starts with VS) to be applicable for the discount. Codeshare flights are excluded from this offer.
Travel booked and completed in all cabins will be eligible for the discount.
Applicable for Reward Flights booked and tickets issued between 23rd November – 30th November 2020, for travel between 23rd November 2020 – 20 October 2021.
In the case of flight cancellations by Virgin Atlantic Airways, the 50 percent offer will apply to a rebooking for the same cabin and route, for travel by 20 October 2021.
Reward flights are subject to availability and full taxes, fees and carrier-imposed surcharges apply and are not discounted.
Points Plus Money bookings, Upgrade rewards and Companion rewards are excluded from this offer. Vouchers are combinable with this offer.
Members will earn normal Tier Points for discounted Reward Flights.
This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other Virgin Atlantic promotional offer.
The earning and redemption of Flying Club points are subject to the standard Flying Club Terms & Conditions (which are subject to change from time to time).
All travel is subject to Virgin Atlantic’s Conditions of Carriage (which are subject to change from time to time).
Buy a Minimum of 5,000 Points and You Get 50 Percent Bonus Virgin Points
1. Applicable Buy Points purchases made through Points.com between 23rd November and midnight GMT 30th November 2020 inclusive will be eligible to receive bonus points. When you buy 5,000-100,000 points you will earn 50 percent bonus points. The bonus points will be credited at the point of purchase and will appear on the members’ account within 24 hours.
2. A member can purchase a total of 100,000 points each calendar year, in increments of 1,000 points. If a member purchases 100,000 points during the offer period they cannot purchase any more until 1st January 2021.
3. Members will have the right to cancel any purchases of points for up to 14 days after the date of purchase provided that none of the purchased points have been redeemed. If any of the purchased points have been redeemed then members will not be entitled to a refund for any of the purchased points including those that have not been redeemed. Once the 14 day cooling off period has expired any points purchased and received by members are non-refundable and non-transferable, except as expressly permitted by the terms and conditions of Flying Club.
4. All Buy Points transactions are subject to a £15/$25 transaction fee.
The Virgin Atlantic Airways Black Friday Sale offers some interesting deals from which you can potentially benefit — but if you do plan on taking advantage of this sale, do so as soon as possible before supplies are depleted or before the sale concludes.
Please note that I receive compensation for affiliate links posted at The Gate effective as of Sunday, January 1, 2017. You are not required to use these affiliate links; but if you do use them, your support of The Gate is greatly appreciated — and using affiliate links will not cost you any extra time or money.