The International Air Transport Association — which is more popularly known as IATA and is a trade association of airlines around the world — maintains a database of a list of countries and territories which contains the latest information pertaining to restrictions upon entry as a result of the 2019 Novel Coronavirus pandemic.
Countries With Travel Entry Restrictions Due to 2019 Novel Coronavirus: An Updated Comprehensive List
Timatic — which is an abbreviation for Travel Information Manual Automatic — is a database which contains requirements of documentation for passengers traveling internationally via airplane to countries and territories. Examples of those documents — which may be electronic or in the form of paper — are visas and passports; and the customs, health regulations, currency used, and airport information of the destination to which visitors want to travel may also be viewed.
In response to the 2019 Novel Coronavirus — which is also known as COVID-19 or 2019-nCoV — pandemic, a special list of countries and territories around the world which have been increasing restrictions as to who is permitted entry has been created and maintained as part of Timatic. Some borders are closed off altogether except for citizens and nationals of the country or territory itself.
The information is correct to the best of the knowledge of the International Air Transport Association at the time of publication; and it is reviewed and updated on an ongoing basis by staff of the International Air Transport Association.
Meanwhile, a recent proposal from the European Union requested the suspension of all travel which is not essential from all countries and territories outside of the European Union — with the exception of the United Kingdom, which will still be permitted — to countries which are members of the European Union for 30 days.
Countries With Travel Entry Restrictions Due to 2019 Novel Coronavirus: A Comprehensive List
Ursula von der Leyen — who is the president of the European Union — called on the aforementioned proposal on Monday, March 16, 2020.
The @EU_Commission presents guidelines on border measures & proposes:
1⃣Green lanes/fast lanes giving priority to essential transport to keep the mobility sector going & ensure economic continuity
2⃣Temporary restriction on non-essential travel to the EU (30 days) pic.twitter.com/9bda9MntF0
— Ursula von der Leyen (@vonderleyen) March 16, 2020
If placed in effect, that would be the latest in a plethora of temporary or permanent restrictions imposed by countries and territories around the world in response to the current 2019 Novel Coronavirus pandemic.
Given the rapidly evolving nature of the international response to the 2019 Novel Coronavirus pandemic, neither the International Air Transport Association nor The Gate can guarantee the accuracy of the information therein and therefore can accept no liability for any errors or omissions. The International Air Transport Association reserves the right to add or change information at any time.
Despite the comprehensiveness of the aforementioned database, you should inquire about the latest information independently before relying on any information or materials contained within that database — or, for that matter, any information posted in articles here at The Gate.
Although I thank robbo — who is a reader of The Gate — for alerting me to the special database of useful information pertaining to the 2019 Novel Coronavirus pandemic via this comment, I want to take this opportunity to mention that I am doing the best that I can to relay to you factual information directly from the most reliable sources available in articles posted here at The Gate…
…but please keep in mind that I am only one person. The Gate does not have a team of employees dispatched in multiple offices worldwide; and so despite my best efforts working seven days per week, errors will unfortunately slip past me — especially with the rapid pace of new developments and information pertaining to the 2019 Novel Coronavirus pandemic. If you do find any errors in any of the articles which are posted here at The Gate, please let me know in a constructive and helpful manner.
Thank you for your understanding.
This article is the latest in a series pertaining to the 2019 Novel Coronavirus in an effort to get the facts out with information derived from reliable sources.
Other articles at The Gate which pertain to the 2019 Novel Coronavirus include:
- 2019 Novel Coronavirus: Should You Travel Within the United States?
- $250 Billion Bailout Requested by Lodging Companies
- Countries With Travel Entry Restrictions Due to 2019 Novel Coronavirus: A Comprehensive List
- $50 Billion Bailout Requested by Airlines; Trump to “Back the Airlines 100%”
- Global Level 3 Health Advisory Issued by Department of State of the United States
- All Domestic Travel Banned For Personnel of Department of Defense of the United States
- March 15 2020: Checking Back In on 2019 Novel Coronavirus — My Opinions, If Anyone Cares
- Hotel Deploys Robots to Sanitize and Disinfect Rooms
- Ireland and the United Kingdom Added to Suspension for Most Foreign Nationals For 30 Days From Europe to the United States
- Change Fee and Cancellation Fee Policies and Waivers of 46 Airlines Due To 2019 Novel Coronavirus
- Up to 12 Ounces of Hand Sanitizer is Permitted Through Airport Security Checkpoints
- I Swear, If I Receive One More Message About How My Health and Safety are Their Top Priority…
- Four Reliable Resources For Travel and the 2019 Novel Coronavirus
- Just Shut Down the Entire Planet. Problem Solved?
- Stop the Hyperbole: Travel is NOT Banned Between the United States and Europe…
- Travel From Europe to the United States Suspended for Most Foreign Nationals For 30 Days
- My Unproven Secret to Not Contracting a Virus in Years
- Pandemic of 2019 Novel Coronavirus Declared by World Health Organization
- Official Warning Issued Against Travel by Cruise Ship Due to 2019 Novel Coronavirus by the Department of State of the United States
- Now the Entire Country of Italy is Under Quarantine
- 16 Million People Quarantined in Northern Italy
- Are Masks Effective Against 2019 Novel Coronavirus That People are Stealing Them?
- As Many as 46,000 People May Have Died in the United States Alone From…
- Lodging Companies Issue Travel Waivers and Elite Status Extensions 2020 Due to 2019 Novel Coronavirus
- Update: More Airlines Suspended Change and Cancellation Fees 2020 Due To Coronavirus
- Airlines Which Suspended Change and Cancellation Fees 2020 Due To Coronavirus
- Should You Be Concerned About Coronavirus?
- Travel Alert February 2020: Italy Now Affected by 2019 Novel Coronavirus
- Travel Alert February 2020: Northern Italy Now Affected by 2019 Novel Coronavirus
- Travel Alert February 2020: South Korea Now Affected by 2019 Novel Coronavirus
- A Deal to Antarctica Because of 2019 Novel Coronavirus — But Hurry
- Update: Do Not Travel to China Due to 2019 Novel Coronavirus, Says United States Department of State
- Travel Alert January 2020: Hong Kong Now Affected by 2019 Novel Coronavirus
- Update January 2020: Additional Airlines Issue Travel Waivers for 2019 Novel Coronavirus
- Travel Alert January 2020: 2019 Novel Coronavirus Affecting Air Travel
Photograph ©2016 by Brian Cohen.